Why SERVPRO? We help you get ready for all sorts of weather!
We have all been there, its's cold and snowing and you are having car problems. Follow these tips to help prepare yourself and your car for a winter storm.
- Start to prepare your car before Thanksgiving. It's easy to do it before it gets cold and snowy. Better too soon than too late.
- Check the tire pressure at least once a month through the winter. As it gets colder outside the air molecules get smaller and tire pressure goes down. Low tire pressure will make your car under preform. You can find the suggested PSI (pounds per square inch) on your tires or on inside the drivers' side door jam.
- Have your battery tested. Nothing is worse than a dead battery when your freezing, not home or late for work. Also, make sure you have jumper cables in case you or someone you come across need them.
- Check your windshield for cracks and make sure you have good windshield wipers. The cold can make your windshield crack and obstruct your vision. Bad wipers can cause all sorts of problems and are an easy fix.
- Inspect your headlights and brake lights. If its storming or dark your car can become very hard to see and cause an accident.
- Make sure you have warm clothes, proper winter shoes, and a blanket in your car in case you get stuck in traffic or your car breaks down. This could save your life
- ALWAYS make sure you have a couple of water bottles in your car somewhere. No matter the time of year this could save your life or someone else's.
Follow these tips and you will be prepared for those winter storms that are bound to hit.
If disaster strikes during the cold winter months, give us a call! We are faster to any disaster and are ready to make things "Like it never even happened."