Are You Prepared For The Cost Of Water Damage?
Water damage is one of the most common and costly disasters affecting American residences, accounting for billions of dollars in losses to homeowners and renters each year. Here are some simple steps you can take right now (okay, this weekend!) that will go a long way toward preventing water damage to your home.
- Caulk and seal windows to guard against water seepage
- Inspect your roof for missing, damaged and aging shingles
- Check downspouts. Remove accumulated debris and position downspouts to direct water away from the house
- Check sprinklers and irrigation systems. Be sure they are not damaging the walls and foundations of the house
- In winter, turn off and drain outside faucets to protect against frozen pipes
- Install gutter guards to prevent clogging so that water flows easily from the roof
If you do suffer damage from a water disaster, you’ll need to act fast. Step one is to call an experienced water damage remediation company, such as SERVPRO of Steuben, Dekalb and LaGrange. We’re here to help when you have property and structure damage from a water disaster—and we’ll get the job done quickly and completely!