Sewer damage and drain back up can cause serious damage to your home, but SERVPRO Is Here For You!
Sewer damage and drain back up can cause serious damage to your homes. They also present health risks and should only be cleaned by certified water damage professionals. SERVPRO is trained to deal with sewer damage issues.
Some examples include, but are not limited to: sewage, toilet backflows that originate from beyond the toilet trap regardless of visible content or color.
Below are some basic procedures for clean up
- Identify ALL safety issues
- Determine source or Sewer back up and get problem fixed as quickly as possible
- Extract materials and/or remove all standing water
- Apply EPA registered disinfectant
- Remove and discard all contaminated porous and semi-porous structural materials included carpet and pad
- Measure and document all moisture levels in affected areas.
- Install barriers to contain damaged areas
- Install drying equipment
- Monitor job daily.
- Once completely dry. Clean all areas prior to rebuild.
So give us a call! We are faster to any disaster and are ready to put our years of experience to work for you!