Commercial Water Loss
A water loss to a commercial building can be devastating and critical to a business's productivity. SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange counties main goal is to be sure the situation is taken care of as quickly as possible so that your company can resume back to normal activities.
Getting Back Up and Running
Our employees are trained to deal with all aspects of water damage to a commercial building. We also acknowledge that every hour taking care of the damage and cleaning are hours of lost revenue for you and will strive to meet all expectations. When an emergency situation arrives at your business please call us to help assist in getting you back up and running.
SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange
Commercial Fire Damage
Having a fire or smoke damage in your business can be overwhelming and stressful. SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange Counties have trained professionals who will ease this stress and make it "Like it never even happened." Our crew is experienced and trained in all areas and aspects of damage that fire or smoke will cause in a building.
Getting Back Up and Running
SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange Counties are also aware that for every hour we spend cleaning can be lost hours for revenue for you. We will be mindful of this and work hard to meet all expectations. Don't let your business or revenue suffer, give us a call to assist and alleviate the stress.
SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange Counties
Dangers of Cold Weather
Did you know that in 2015, 2.84 million dollars of property damage was caused by extreme cold weather? That 53 people died and 3 were injured because of cold temperatures?
Two main conditions that you should be aware of are frostbite and hypothermia.
Frostbite happens when your skin is exposed to extremely cold temperatures. Symptoms of frostbite are skin that feels unusually firm, waxy or numbness. Skin that is yellow or greyish in color.
Hypothermia is when your body temperature falls to a very low temperature. This happens when from long exposure to cold weather. Symptoms of hypothermia include exhaustion, shivering, confusion, memory loss, slurred speech, and drowsiness. If a persons body temperature reaches to below 95 degrees seek medical attention immediately.
It is best to stay indoors during extremely cold temperatures to avoid this conditions.
The Do's and Don'ts Following Fire Damage
A fire can cause so many problems. To help avoid even more issues and help for a successful restoration we have a do and don't list for you to follow until SERVPRO professionals arrive.
- To prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpet limit movement inside the home.
- Soot on your hands can further soil anything the person touches. Keep hands clean and soot free.
- Place old linens on rugs, upholstery, and traffic areas.
- If there is no electricity, clean out the fridge and freezer and prop doors open
- If the heat if off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilets, and holding tanks to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures
- Tape double layered cheesecloth over registers to prevent any particles of soot from entering or existing the HVAC system.
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Don't attempt to shampoo carpets.
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances.
- Do not consume any food or beverages that have been stored close to where the fire happened.
- If the ceiling is wet, do not turn on ceiling fans.
Mold Safety Tips
Mold can make you uncomfortable, and maybe even a little scared. No worries! We will share with you on what to do until help arrives! If you see visible mold, do not disturb it! If mold is disturbed it can release microscopic spores which become airborne and can circulate in your home.
What you can do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact us for mold remediation service.
What not to do:
- Don't touch or disturb the mold.
- Don't blow across any surfaces with visible mold.
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Our crew is highly trained in mold remediation. We use highly specialized equipment and techniques to remove the mold quickly and safely.
Water creeping in your home?
SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange is available 24 hours for emergencies. Do not let the water take over. Give us a call.
What to expect when you call
We understand that you may be feeling confused, stressed and vulnerable when you call us. You need an expert, a professional to guide you through this and that's exactly what we do. When you call our office a SERVPRO representative will ask you a few questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (you do not need a claim number to call)
- When did the damage occur?
- What caused the water damage?
- Is there standing water?
Let us help you in this time of need and ease your mind. Gives us a call today
Basements are prone to flooding for many reasons. It can happen anytime although it usually occurs during a heavy rainfall or snowmelts. Basements are the lowest level of a building and are typically built entirely or partly below ground level.
Reasons for flooded basements vary. It could occur by seepage or flow through the walls or foundation floor, surface water sources, sewer backup or many other reasons.
Gravity always does its magic. if the source of water intrusion is above the basement, it will work its way down.
There are several different circumstances that can result in a flooded basement. If that happens to you, help is a call away.
SERVPRO of Steuben DeKalb and LaGrange counties has trained water damage technicians that can help you every step of the way.
Can I prevent my basement from flooding?
Flooded basements are stressful and chaotic. Although there is no for sure way to guarantee a basement will never flood you can be a proactive homeowner and follow these tips.
- Clean and maintain gutters and downspouts. Make sure your gutters are cleared of debris and downspouts properly positioned away from the foundation. You can always use downspout extensions or troughs if necessary.
- Inspect and repair foundation cracks. Cracks in your foundation act as an open invitation for water.
- Practice proper sump pump maintenance. Check often to make sure your pump is working properly and is plugged in. Maybe have a back up or a generator for when there is no electricity.
- Inspect sewers and clean septic systems. Properly keeping up with these will help prevent havoc from happening.
- Install window well covers. Do you have below grade basement windows? Protect them with window well covers.
If you find water in your basement, please give us a call to help you in the time of need!
A sump pump is a small pump installed in the lowest part of the basement or crawlspace. Its purpose is to keep the area under the building dry and to prevent flooding. They are usually installed to well constructed sump pits. Water flows into the pit by drains or natural water migration through the soil. The pumps job is to pump the water out of the pit and away from the building.
Sump pump failure happens often. Be sure to inspect your pump and make sure it is working properly.
If you find that it has failed, please don't hesitate to call SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange counties and let us help you! We strive to help others and ease the stress!
Fire Restoration Process
SERVPRO of Steuben, DeKalb and LaGrange counties understands the trauma of Fire Disasters.
We are dedicated to you and follow guidelines to make the restoration process as smooth as we can.
1. A SERVPRO Franchise Professional will contact you within an hour to arrange for service.
2. Within 4 hours, a trained professional will arrive on site prepared to begin emergency mitigation services.
3. The loss site will be reviewed with you., and your questions and concerns addressed.
- Identify the source of loss.
- Identify the source of your concerns.
- Identify the residue present.
- Identify safety issues.
4. A Franchise professional will begin pretesting for restorability from the source of the fire outward.
- What is restorable?
- what methods of restoration will be most effective?
- What items and areas are unaffected?
- What areas need to be reviewed by the adjuster or property owner?
5. The scope of the project will be communicated to you or your adjuster.
6. The structure and contents will be cleaned and restored.
7. After the work has been completed, a final walk through will be conducted with you to help ensure satisfaction.